Life is a very precious gift and our time on this earth is limited. How we perform or “show up” on a daily basis in all areas of our lives greatly influences our happiness and fulfilment. Turas is the Gaelic word for “journey”. We are all on our own journey in life and my simple reason for setting up Turas is to inspire, enable and empower people to make the most out of their own journey. To perform to their desired best on both a professional and personal level.
I bring a combination of academic qualifications and some very rich life experience to the work that I do with clients. This experience coupled with my time working in the professional corporate world, has given me an in-depth understanding and passion for the role that mindset, motivation, inner beliefs, authenticity, grit, habits and energy management play in optimal professional and personal performance.
Pushing my own mental, physical and emotional boundaries is something I am both very curious and passionate about. I have cycled coast to coast across Australia, rowed across the Atlantic Ocean and have also rowed through the North West Passage in the Canadian High Arctic. Author of the book “Crossing the Swell”, I was honoured by my hometown as Limerick Person of the Year in 2006.
Why I do what I do
“To positively impact humanity, enable people to be at their best and enhance the lives of every single person I am fortunate to work with”
Professional Qualifications & Accreditations
- Psychology Degree – Dublin Business School (2016 – 2018)
- Certificate in Professional Coaching – Simon Fraser University, Vancouver Canada (2012 – 2013)
- Qualified Financial Adviser, LIA Ireland (2006 – 2007)
- Business Studies Degree – University of Limerick (1994 – 1998)
- Licenced to deliver Strengthscope Individual and team 360 psychometric performance tools
- Licenced Emotional Intelligence Practitioner (EQI 2.0 360 psychometric assessments)